Patent Acquisition Support
One of our client received a patent portfolio for acquisition. The clients’ objective was to shortlist most relevant and profitable patents from the entire portfolio. The client engaged Adroip Services for the task.
Adroip Services followed a systematic approach to cater the client’s requirements:
- Client calls: To discuss clients’ exact requirements and understanding the technology area/product line the client is most interested in for acquisition of patents
- Portfolio review and prioritization: First Stage Due Diligence including:Patent family check, Litigation history review, Life term check, Verification of priority data, assignment check, maintenance details check
- Product relevancy Review: Ranking the patents High/Medium/Low w.r.t to relevancy to the clients’ product line
- In-depth review of selected patents: Patents shortlisted in the above two steps are considered for in-depth analysis including steps: Evidence of use (EoU) analysis (for possible future licensing potential), Patent file wrapper analysis, Prior art search/Patent Strength Assessment
- Detailed reporting: The analysis is presented to client inform of MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint user friendly reports
Outcome: Based on the above analysis, the client was clearly able to identify:
- Patents which are expired or about to expire in near future
- Maintenance records of the patents
- Patents relevant to clients’ product line
- Patents with opportunity with high ROI
All of the above insights/outcomes helped client in finalizing the patent list for acquisition.